Sunday, February 1, 2015

Say What?

We're now beginning our language training. We plan to spend 2-4 hours each day in our mission language - Cantonese. However, because I already have a couple years' experience in Cantonese, I am going to add Mandarin to my repertoire in a few weeks.

Today was day 1 for Laraine and she did a fantastic job. I am so proud of her and how hard she worked to speak Cantonese. She really did well. See for yourself:



We now go two times each week to the old Knight Mangum Hall, which is where the MTC experience begins when you are doing "pre-MTC" language study. Here we meet with a language coach and a language tutor. When the tutor asked me what I needed from him to review Cantonese, I said, "Let's just now speak only Cantonese; no English." He then launched into Cantonese and I had to ask him to slow down a few times. It has been almost 40 years since I was immersed in the language.



No comments:

Post a Comment