Saturday, June 4, 2016

Astounding Beauty--Kadoorie Farms

Hiking at Kadoorie Farms in the New Territories. What a place!

Our constant hiking companions, the Ortons.

Stopping . . . gasp . . . for a . . . gasp . . . photo

A mist moves in as we are nearing the top of the mountain.

Gorillas in the mist?

Numerous train markers with thought-provoking quotes.

Are we there yet? 

We saw plenty of beauty, so must be plenty in love.

This nature walk along a stream seemed like we were in a storybook. 

Enjoying the scene. . . too beautiful for words. 

Add caption

I didn't have any idea that the next few days would be unbearable due to much itching. . . from the "biting midges" that produce a small red spot that is about 10 times more itchy than a mosquito bite and lasts a week or sometimes up to a month. I had 37 bites on my legs because we forgot to put on insect repellent. There were times in the middle of the night when I honestly thought, "I am not sure life is worth living." Fortunately, I made it through. Now this seems like a great memory. I'll just bring the insect spray next time. 


So that stiff guy . . no . . . the one on the left . .. that's Sir Kadoorie who owned the property and envisioned this amazing venue. Sir Kadoorie (I just call him, "Kad") and I hit it off very well, becoming good friends. Never a harsh word between us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment